Blonde Ale R C L Swill Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelisHubby

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Bry 97
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
22 ish
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
14 at 68
Tasting Notes
Easy drinker BMC crowd loves it.
5 LB Maris otter 5 LB Veinna
6 ounce Crystal 10
6 ounce of honey Malt
2 ounce of Maltodextrin at 10 minutes
5.2 Stabilizer about a teaspoon in hot liquor tank
Campden tablet also
I mash at 151 degrees for 60 minutes and batch sparge twice holding the grain temp at 151 or so usually only 2 gallons per sparge and hold for 15 minutes or so
30 gram of willaimette at 60 minutes
10 gram of williamette at 15
10 gram of Williamette at 5 minutes
I rehydrate two pkg of Bry 97 yeast or just reuse some of it from the former batch.
I ferment at 68 in a waterbath for 4 days and then let it warm up to 70 to finish.

This beer is Malty and quite enjoyable on tap if you poor a glass and get busy for 20 minutes and come back to it , it still taste very good.
I am still learning how to do this all grain and my gravities for this grain bill has ranged from 1.062 to 1.052 I think it is a combo of my sparging and volumes. This is a easy drinker. I hope someone else will try this and enjoy.:D

R C L Stands for RUDE CRUDE and LEWD. Swill reminds me of the fact that I have messed up a couple of batches. I also try to not take myself or Brewing to serious. I laugh at my screwups if possible and enjoy being RCL, especially if I am Drinking. :mug:

Back