Quit drinking and going cruising after work.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jokester

Reaction score
I finally quit drinking, and I started going on long motorcycle rides or relaxing cruises in my convt after work.
My wife found out and was whopping mad.
It was only $20 a week when you were drinking, its now $40-80 a week. Better start drinking, we cant afford this sobriety of yours she said.

So she wants you to go back to drinking. She approved of that, so that's +$20. You like to ride and cruise. She disapproves of that, so that's -$40. Do both, then explain to her that, when you have -40 and +20, that comes to -$20, which is where you were when you were only drinking, so that should put you right back where you were...

It was just a joke. And maybe a sideways dig at gas $$. Thankfully whisky hasn't gone up a lot.

So she wants you to go back to drinking. She approved of that, so that's +$20. You like to ride and cruise. She disapproves of that, so that's -$40. Do both, then explain to her that, when you have -40 and +20, that comes to -$20, which is where you were when you were only drinking, so that should put you right back where you were...
download.jpg

Debt crisis explained

If you just buy beans you can kill two birds with one stone...

i've often wondered if kilning would work for beer. i'm always interested in creative alcoholic beverages. but i think i'll stick with making bread out of beans, and beer out of barley...

Well I have some nice vintage and OK vintage and some crappy and some that are apart and can be great bicycles etc, but not doing that to relax (thankfully she's not suggested that). However I'd rather drink and work on the bikes and slowly sell them and make $$ etc. But some of these you guys posted was hilarious. keep it coming. I've been away from this forum a few days due to having 2 jobs. So I'll have to update/catch up a bit too.

The TL;DR version: I do that - and dont mix the 2.

For those needing something to put them to sleep -
I have spent the day first driving to the flea market - Had to get some weird things only available there, then saw a bike I worked on and sold in 2009 in the hands of the 4th owner since me but it had a problem, made a good friend in the process of helping him diagnose and confirm what he knew, helped his sale.
Got home dropped off the car and got on the bike rode to the bike dealership I traded my friend my bike for that bike (friend now deceased - likely from depression and alcohol - but really the 2 weren't related, he had marital problems that were really what killed him) showed the pics I got both of the bike with and without me to his and my old friends, ordered parts, ate lunch rode back home and poured my first drink just as I was ready to work on the bike.
New battery, fitted parts modded by my other friend and fired up the bike and decided the exhaust cans modded by my other friend need tweaking, tried and decided I was doing more harm than good, awaiting a bolt of inspiration now, then swapped out the short levers on my other bike, and slowly worked my way through 2 drinks (vodka Mule's) and as it was getting dark, got in and checked on mead etc etc and doing this while sipping the rum mule (whatever its called)
The sad part is, I work 7 am to 8pm M-F and am so dead tired weekends I rarely do this. I need to find the inspiration to do this all the time I find the time.

keep it coming.

i don't know if i want to say what i want to do into a empty garage while drinking now... i'd be hoping for at least two wheels, preferably four...

i hope this doesn't show up though.....

1653787993044.png

and i'd be hoping for something with at least a V6.....

Cursing during work is the norm, and after too when you hit your thumb with the hammer instead of the drewscriver.

I quit cruising and started drinking more.

It's in the 100s here on the reg. I can't wait for it to drop bit so I can drive aimlessly and without reason in the weeender with the top off.

Back