Quick Turnaround Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valcarde

Reaction score
Hoping for a bit of input from fellow homebrewers.

I'm looking for some quick turnaround beers. I know Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde is a rather quick one (and already going in the fermenter) but I need at least 2 more that have around the same turnaround. Any input?

Are you kegging or bottling? If you keg a lot of stuff can be grain to class with in 3 weeks. I know that wheat beers and IPA's are suppose to be drank early. I have a Belgian Wit that I brewed on Sunday May 29, I will let you know how quick I get it to the glass. I'm looking at kegging it Saturday June 11. That would be 13 days to ferment then I will force carb for a day. Should be 14 days grain to glass.

I have an American amber ale in the fermentor right now that I used S-04 and it hit terminal gravity in 4 days @ 66°F. Tasted a sample after it sat for about a week since pitching and it tastes good. Doesn't taste really green. I could see myself letting this one go just a few more days and then bottling it.

I let all my darker beers sit 3 weeks, especially if they have a higher amount of roast character. I am going to be brewing an American wheat in the next day or two and pitch S-05 to see how that yeast does.

Orfy's Mild is great. I did a 9 day fermentation and was drinking it at 21 days.
Yooper's 60 Minute Clone is really quick if you cut the grain and have it chime in at about 5.5% ABV.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but Edwort's Haus Ale is supposed to be about a 7-10 day fermentation, then crash and bottle/keg.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but Edwort's Haus Ale is supposed to be about a 7-10 day fermentation, then crash and bottle/keg.

Thanks for pointing this one out! I'll probably try this one alongside the Maple Wheat I've been poking at. The maple wheat idea is thanks to sithdad's wheat beer reminder; I forgot those are meant to be drunk young.

Orfy's Mild is great. I did a 9 day fermentation and was drinking it at 21 days.

I think this will be in there as next in the schedule.

Back