Quick StarSan question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig311

Reaction score
I'm bottling today and it's my first time using a no-rinse sanitizer. I've got my bottles sanitized and drying upside down. There are still some "bubbles" in the bottles from the StarSan. Do I need to worry about that before I start filling them? Or just fill into the bubbles?

I have drank normally diluted star san, just to confirm you can't taste the residue in beer.
It tastes best with a twist of lime.

malkore said:
I have drank normally diluted star san, just to confirm you can't taste the residue in beer.
It tastes best with a twist of lime.
And carbonated. :drunk:

Seriously, the foam is your friend.

I've noticed that the directions on the bottle say to let what ever it is your sanitizing dry completely before use but I've heard the guy who owns the company say it doesn't hurt anything if it's still wet. I don't worry about drying. I just let most of the liquid drip out.

No need to let the bottles dry. :)

I accidentally poured 1/2 a gallon of Star-san solution into a brown ale one time when topping off my primary...oops! The beer actually came out pretty good...although, I could have sworn that it had a little bit of a star-san stank to it. I did not share that one for obvious reasons...No ill effects here. :drunk:

I thought I heard somewhere that the StarSan acutally degrades into compounds that can be used by yeast as nutrients?

Back