Quick Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegionalChaos

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

I am about to bottle an IPA that used WLP 001. I was thinking that it might make sense to try and pour new wort back onto the yeast cake, and get another batch going in the carboy. I was thinking that if I could just bring some malt extract up to a boil and didn't have to mess with steeping grains or hops, then it would fit in well time wise with the bottling process. I could just boil it all up in short order, and let it cool while bottling..

Aren't there kits set up like this? Are there pre-hopped malt extracts I can use? I guess I could dry hop and throw some hops in at the end of the boil easy enough. I would just like to avoid an hour long boil and handling extra grains.

Ideally I'm shooting for fast (prep time, not ferment), cheap and drinkable, plus more experience...

Any advice?

ps. For some real fast prep, cheap and drinkable, it looks like I should brew some of edWorts apfelwein. I might do that tonight! :)

There are pre-hopped kits. Since you are in a hurry, you'll be limited to what the LHBS carries.

Latest posts

Back