Quick question about Brewhouse's "premium" Canadian Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conrod05

Reaction score
So I got this Lager kit that came with the wort, PH balancer, and corn starch. I've brewed one up for my buddy a few months back because he bought it but didn't have the equipment yet...and I wanted to try it. It's not great. I would say its par with Mickey's Lager or a strong Pabst Blue...which isn't saying much. he bought a second box of it and I bought one for myself just to mess around with it....it was $27 Canadian for 7 gallons of the stuff. Can't go wrong with that.

My question is can I throw in a bunch of orange slices to the secondary ferment? Just to give it a little more summer feel. I normally just brew up a partial malt extract ale and never mess with the recipe. Right now I have two of these on the go (one's mine one is his).

Any advise would help.

Cheers:mug:

While I like radlers, I'm not a brewed radler/shandy fan. I prefer them mixed when serving.
If you want orange flavor, I recommend adding the zest of one or two oranges at flameout.

Unfortunately I'm passed the secondary...and this kit actually skips all the boiling. It's literally a bladder filled with wert that you just poor into a bucket, add 8 liters of water, ph balancer, and the yeast. It's in the secondary right now.
I might transfer 1/2 into my smaller carboy and add slices and zest to one of the batches...in all honesty I don't give a **** if I ruin this batch...it's simple and cheap so I'm not out much if I mess it up.

I'll let ya's know.

Cheers

Back