Quick production recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickbrew

Reaction score
Hello all:

I have a habit of trying to make complicated brews that tend to require long fermentation or conditioning times. My largest problem has been waiting for these beers and having little to drink in between, resulting in the batches disappearing quickly when they are finally ready.

Looking for simple recipes with short fermentation and conditioning times to keep a steady stock in between my higher abv and heavier batches.

Nice clean session beers are preferable but all are welcome, and I will probably be interchanging between a few. Also, with space limitations I am limited to extract, partial mash or BIAB. Moving places and into full mash in September.

I did mine as BIAB and it worked out fine. I just put all the grain in the bag and mashed it in the boil kettle. Drained (squeezed a bit) and a small sparge to get to my boil volume.

Pale ales, milds, ambers, cream ales, hefes can all be turned around pretty quick.

Any specific favorite recipes?

Lots of folks like this for a mild..

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f67/reapers-mild-1st-place-2011-hbt-competition-239228/

I do a couple of ordinary bitters, a dark mild and a very low alcohol stout on a regular basis that can be turned around in about 7-12 days if you are kegging.

The key to quick turnaround is simple, relatively few roasted grains, moderate to low OG and a yeast that acts quickly (or over-pitching). This also means temperature control.

Thank you all. I will be sure to try out most of these over the next few months. My move to Newfoundland last year has seen a huge price increase in commercial beers in comparison to Ontario, so having lots of these batches to session with is a massive plus!

A hefeweizen is fast and easy- 100% wheat DME with a few bittering hops and hefeweizen yeast. Or, to mash, 30% wheat malt and 70% two row.

A mild, a pale ale, a blonde, etc are all quick and easy. If you keep the OG under 1.050 or so, use a clean ale yeast, and non-complex ingredients, just about any ale can be ready in two weeks. Things with a very high OG, roasted ingredients, and other complex flavors can take longer.

Back