Quick Keggle Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBounce

Reaction score
Here is the deal. I am making a keggle with a spigot for my boil kettle. When finished boiling it will go from the keggle to a counter flow chiller. The connection for the spigot is 1/2" and the cfc is 3/8". I read that if I work the tubing, I can fit 3/8" silicone tubing on the 1/2" spigot. If I do that I am guessing that I will have to leave the tubing on the spigot while boiling. Will the heat from my propane burner hurt the tubing if left on the spigot?

Another question is for a dip tube could I just attach a loose piece of silicone that would dangle down to the bottom. This would allow for a cheap and easy dip tube (I don't have the tools to solder). It would also allow for easy whirl pooling because as you whirl pool the tube would become offset. The issue I see is the silicone melting if it touches the bottom of the keggle during the hour long boil. There have been some threads about this with no conclusions that I could find.

Any help, thoughts, or ideas would be great. Thanks

Back