Quick Disconnects Necessary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFP51

Reaction score
Hello to all, my buddy and I are putting together an electric two vessel system this winter. It will pretty much be a 240 volt Brutus 20 system for five gallon batches. We will be running one March pump.

As we are collecting parts, I am trying to figure out if it is necessary to lay out the cash for quick disconnects on the hosing, or whether just attaching the hoses with barbs is acceptable, at least initially. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

QD's, Cam-Locks, Tri-Clover fittings are not necessary but definitely a big help in the brewery. They will save wear and tear on your hoses from disconnecting/reconnecting them with the barbs and if you're going to buy them eventually then why spend the money on barbs?

JMO but I'd go for the Cam-Locks right of the bat since they are SS, priced competitively & make life so much easier!

Make the investment it really doesnt cost that much and in the grand scheme of a dual vessel project I doubt you want to skimp on somthing so useful. I also second the cams from bargainfittings.

Thanks guys, that is exactly the kind of info I wanted. We are trying to do this as much as possible from parts on hand, mostly because we both enjoy the puzzle it out part, but I don't wat to sacrifce utility just to say we got buy with ordering a half dozen fewer pieces.

Hello to all, my buddy and I are putting together an electric two vessel system this winter. It will pretty much be a 240 volt Brutus 20 system for five gallon batches. We will be running one March pump.

As we are collecting parts, I am trying to figure out if it is necessary to lay out the cash for quick disconnects on the hosing, or whether just attaching the hoses with barbs is acceptable, at least initially. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go with stainless Cam Locks you will be glad you did...Go to www.Bargainfittings.com they have what you need, at the best prices and their shipping is superfast.

Back