Quick disconnect styles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prothumia

Reaction score
One my quick disconnects for my corny keg didn't survive the move. How can I tell if I have a gas or liquid one? Is there a difference? Am I making any sense?

For ball keg disconnects the BLACK one is for liquid and the GREY one is for gas. Generally if the QD doesn't go on relatively easy, you may be trying to push the wrong one onto the wrong post. It can actually go on with some force, but it makes it hard to remove and can damage the QD.

One my quick disconnects for my corny keg didn't survive the move. How can I tell if I have a gas or liquid one? Is there a difference? Am I making any sense?

Gas quick disconnects are grey, while the "out" ones are black (for ball lock kegs). G= gray + gas, B= beer

For pinlock kegs, they are red and gray or red and black. The gray still goes on the gas (again, "G" for gray and for gas).

Back