Quick cooling bottled home brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do this all the time with my 12 and 22oz. bottles of ale. Just be careful and don't forget about 'em. Slushy beer and broken bottles suck.

I've been known to drink warm beer. If it's good, and the outside temps aren't hot, I ain't picky ... but I've noticed a warm bottle of carbed homebrew has less chance of foaming over when it's chilled.

I may have an even faster way.

Grab a container that will easily fit the bottle inside of it and fill it with the bottle of home brew, a few ice cube and fill the rest of the way with water. Let sit 5-10 minutes and your beer should be perfect.

Some I do at the long end as I want the beer ice cold. Others I take out a bit earlier as I want them only cool.

Give it a try.

I may have an even faster way.

Grab a container that will easily fit the bottle inside of it and fill it with the bottle of home brew, a few ice cube and fill the rest of the way with water. Let sit 5-10 minutes and your beer should be perfect.

Some I do at the long end as I want the beer ice cold. Others I take out a bit earlier as I want them only cool.

Give it a try.

Great idea.....why didn't I think of it? That's how all outside bars do it here in Florida only with huge tanks filled with ice and water. I'm doing it right now :mug:

If you add a couple of pinches of coarse salt to your water/ice mix, it will cool even faster! The old hand-cranked ice cream trick.

Was going to add the bit about salt, but decided to leave it out. It does make it a little faster. :):rockin:

I've never done this myself, but a book of "life hacks" I have recommends wrapping the bottle with a wet paper towel and putting it in the freezer to cool it down the fastest.

Someone else just confirmed this, and I can too. Wet paper towel around the bottle. Very fast cooling.

I like warm beer too if it's not too hot outside. I'm such a noob so this a great trick to remember! I have to brew on my apartment patio. Still figuring out a set up.

Back