Quick carbonation after conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlager

Reaction score
I've had a pretty steady flow of beers being produced, so much that I have an extra chest freezer keeping kegs that aren't under pressure cold, at 40 F. I just had a tap become free so I put it under pressure at 30 PSI @ about 45 degrees. Normally I throw the beer in at 12 PSI for a little over a week and its fine. Since I don't need the conditioning time, is setting it at 30 PSI for a few days the way to go?

Even with carbonating it is a good idea to give it a bit of conditioning time... allows the CO2 to balance and the flavors to meld a bit. Sure, the beer could be carbonated after a few days, but I bet you'll find that the beer will go from drinkable to something better after a couple weeks.

Awesome, good call, I bumped it down and will let it wait. I do notice, for example, after I do a shaking carbonation, bubbles are more like the ones in soda rather than the fine bubbles I would expect in beer.

Back