Quick advice needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcampb94

Reaction score
I moved an American wheat into 1 gallon jars to add fruit. My stopper went straight through. I am thinking foil with rubber bands with the airlock. Any other ideas?!

Relax. Have a beer!

You can use foil with rubber bands for a short term fix, but I would not use the airlock. Also, be sure and use an appropriate amount of sanitizer. The foil should work momentarily until you can pick up another stopper.

Go and get another stopper? The sugars from the fruit will reactivate the yeast it should start to push out the o2 from the transfer and frankly using foil with an airlock doesnt seem it would hold. If you have it set up already its not going to hurt. Try to find an stopper the next day or so. but in a pitch it should work just fine for now.

I can't get a new stopper for about another 20 hours due to shop hours and work schedule. Here's to praying for a day!!

Relax. Have a beer!

I can't get a new stopper for about another 20 hours due to shop hours and work schedule. Here's to praying for a day!!

Relax. Have a beer!

The foil and rubber band fix will work until you can pick up another stopper.

Back