Questions with Keg and Sanyo 4912

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbmay98

Reaction score
I recently turned my sanyo 4912 into a dual tap kegerator. I have had severe problems with having too much head in my beer after dispensing. I even dropped the psi down to 5 to see if that would fix it. It does not. I believe that installing a fan may help but I have no idea what fan or if there is any guide out there. Does anyone else with this mini fridge experience this kind of problem. I cut a 3in hole for the tubing and currently keep the temperature close to max.

How long is your beverage hose. I have a sanyo and just went to 8 feet of 3/16th's and the pours are perfect now at 10PSI.

I don't have a cooling fan. I think they're a waste of time and energy [let the debate begin :D]

I went with the same solution as BierMuncher but i used 10' of tubing. I don't use a fan either and have no foam problems.

Man - I feel like an idgit now. BAck when I set up my keg system about 2 yrs ago the tap tower came with all this tubing attached. I figured it was wway too long and I cut them just so they would get to the kegs with a bit extra. Proably only have about 4 ft now.

Been having foaming issues the whole time. I just dela with it. But I think longer tubing might be in order.

I just hopped on the forum to post the exact same problem. I just finished my sanyo kegerator, and I'm getting tons of foam. I'm using the two tap tower from micromatic. The beer lines are 3/16th and around 5 feet. I've tried all kinds of pressures and what not. I noticed that after I pour a glass (of foam) I can see the beer "turn into" foam about halfway down the line, just past the hole in the sanyo. I've debated lengthening the lines, but it seems like a real pain to remove the faucets and attach longer beer lines. The final nut that locks on to the end of the faucet assembly is really thin, and seems about impossible to use a wrench on. Does that make any sense? Any suggestions? Or something even sweeter, like someone's already made DIY?

Thanks,
mikey

I went with the same solution as BierMuncher but i used 10' of tubing. I don't use a fan either and have no foam problems.

I had 10' of tubing installed on mine when I bought it. I had some issues initially that I chalked up to my noob-ness, but haven't had a single problem since.

how do you guys hook up 10 ft of tubing if it came with 5ft. The towers came with the lines pre installed. do you just buy 10 ft of tubing and try to disconnect the lines from the towers?

how do you guys hook up 10 ft of tubing if it came with 5ft. The towers came with the lines pre installed. do you just buy 10 ft of tubing and try to disconnect the lines from the towers?

That is the gist of it. It's kinda a pita but worth it. A had to get some very narrow pliers to dissasemble my tower.

yeah, that's what i guess i'm going to do. the faucet assembly comes apart so you can remove the lines. my concern is the re-assembly. i removed one of the faucets, but couldn't get any tools in to re-tighten the last nut, so I had to do the best i could with finger tight assembly.

...I noticed that after I pour a glass (of foam) I can see the beer "turn into" foam about halfway down the line, just past the hole in the sanyo. ...

If your beer is foaming inside the liquid lines, it sounds like your beer is over carbonated.

I'd kill the gas.
Release the pressure valve on the keg.
Loosen the lid of the corny and let it sit for 2 hours to degass. May take longer if it's really over carb'd and since the beer is cold, it won't want to degass very quickly.

Replace the lid, ramp up to just 5PSI and see what happens.

If your beer is foaming inside the liquid lines, it sounds like your beer is over carbonated.

I'd kill the gas.
Release the pressure valve on the keg.
Loosen the lid of the corny and let it sit for 2 hours to degass. May take longer if it's really over carb'd and since the beer is cold, it won't want to degass very quickly.

Replace the lid, ramp up to just 5PSI and see what happens.

The beer doesn't seem to be overcarbonated to the taste, but I could be wrong. It only foams up like this when a glass is poured. Eventually it seems to "settle out". I'll try dropping the pressure and letting one of the kegs degass and see if that helps. Thanks

The beer doesn't seem to be overcarbonated to the taste, but I could be wrong. It only foams up like this when a glass is poured. Eventually it seems to "settle out". I'll try dropping the pressure and letting one of the kegs degass and see if that helps. Thanks

I just re-read where you have 5' of line.

The real fix is going to be to take that up to nearly double. I use 8' now...this after suffering with terminal foam issues using 4' before.

Back