Questions about Kegging in Sanyo 4912

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrooZer

Reaction score
For some reason this was attached to a thread someone else started......

The 4912 seems to be a forum favorite around here and im getting into kegging.

Can you fit a 6.5 gall carboy with an airlock in the 4912. I may use it to do lagers for a while before i convert it to a keg. Also, how big of a co2 tank can you fit if you have 2 kegs (corny) inside of it?

Does anyone know if there has to be a minimum clearance on the back and sides?

I have a perfect spot that i build it in to my cabinets. That is based off of best buys dimensions. Does any know if these are correct?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...+4912&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1099397015586

I will probably end up measuring it though.

I don't think you can fit a 10 lb tank in there with two kegs, so 5 lb is as big as you can go.

The carboy will probably fit but I'm not sure. I am sure that with 2 cornies, you'll only fit a 5lb tank in there. Its tight even with the 5lb but definitely doable. If you want a bigger tank, snake the gas link out of the kegerator to your tank...

Excuse me, but I have a question regarding the kegerator conversion of this model refrigerator. Does anyone know, if the CO2 tank were kept outside, could more than two cornelious kegs fit inside? I'm wondering if perhaps a keg triangle configuration might fit a third keg, as I doubt two rows of keg pairs could fit side by side to squeeze four inside.

I would like to convert this model into a three tap dispensing kegerator. Also, I am inclined to place the taps through the door with a lower hanging drip faucet and leave the top as free space. I hope this would help in keeping the taps cold with less concern of the beer warming through a tower and its potential need for a fan. The top could then hold items much in the same manner as an end table would. I have to keep the other half in mind and aim for a low profile method of presentation, and make the setup less intrusive in a home setting.

Ol' Grog said:
a ten pound CO2 and two kegs WILL fit into the 4912. Exactly what I've been doing for about a year now.

Did you have to strip the inside of the door to achieve that?

I wonder if three kegs would fit in a 491x if:

1 - The Co2 tank is kept outside.

2 - The door/liner shelf is removed.

3 - The 3rd keg is a 2.5 or 3 gallon, resting on the hump.

If anybody has a Sanyo with the door shelf removed, I'd love to hear if this would all fit. A third tap for Apfelwein would be a wonderful thing, and probably worth losing my door shelves and relocating the tank. I'm inclined to doubt it though, surely somebody would have tried this combination by now.

I kept trying to figure out how to get another tap in mine but I have come to the conclusion that I'm just going to have to get a chest freezer.

BlindLemonLars said:
I wonder if three kegs would fit in a 491x if:

1 - The Co2 tank is kept outside.

2 - The door/liner shelf is removed.

3 - The 3rd keg is a 2.5 or 3 gallon, resting on the hump.

If anybody has a Sanyo with the door shelf removed, I'd love to hear if this would all fit. A third tap for Apfelwein would be a wonderful thing, and probably worth losing my door shelves and relocating the tank. I'm inclined to doubt it though, surely somebody would have tried this combination by now.

I just did this conversion and 2 corny kegs and a CO2 tank with the door stripped out is about all you can get in there. I made a little shelf and am using Bungee cords to hold my 5lb CO2 tank on the Back wall. Id imagine you could squeeze a 10lb tank in there too. The CO2 thank is 5' in diameter and is a tight fit so i don't imagine you could get a 9' diameter squat keg in its place.

Back