Questions about a DIY can seamer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleini

Reaction score
I´ve been looking into beer cans and can seamers lately and I´m thinking of canning my homebrew in the future. Because the can seamers are extremely expensive I was thinking of making one myself. It´s not a complex machine, so it should be manageable. Have anyone here made, or think of making a can seamer for homebrew? I´m wondering what size of rollers and chuck I need for standard EU beverage cans. And where to buy them. It seems like it´s only industry retailers that sell seaming parts for beverage cans.

Can seamers have come down in price massively in the past two years, to the point that they are now accessible for homebrewers. They are about 500AUD (aussie dollars) over here, which is about 350USD. I doubt you'd make one much cheaper unless you spent a lot of time making your own dies and the like.

If you have more time than money, as well as machining knowledge and tools, it'd be a fun project. I'm just saving up until I can afford a cheap can seamer. I've learned that lesson too many times.

Latest posts

Back