Question re California Law

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawnatkins

Reaction score
Is it legal to sell home brewed mead? Anyone know where I can get a copy of the California laws around home brewing wine?

You can't sell home-brewed anything anywhere. You don't need to see the letter of the law. Just ask yourself if you think that state and federal governments would let you be the only person in the country to sell alcoholic beverages and never give them a cut in the form of taxes.

Uh...yeah right ;)

gen_lee_rising.jpg

you'll be needin one of those to haul your hooch in :)

Hell yeah! Or remember Uncle Jesse's special black hooch-runnin-mobile? Remember the one where he smuggled the hooch in the gas tank because the car could run on the stuff??

Fightin the system like two modern-day Robin Hoods ;)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!

jesse1.gif

:D

there was a bump/rise in the pavement on fulton road near the big bridge that is still falling down, in cleveland ohio, that if hit at the proper speed you could get some air... my old man would come barrelling down the road with us three boys in the back, no seatbelts and we'd all yell yeeeeehaaaawwwww! as we got air and banged our heads on the ceiling of the chevy van.... :D

Janx said:
You can't sell home-brewed anything anywhere. You don't need to see the letter of the law. Just ask yourself if you think that state and federal governments would let you be the only person in the country to sell alcoholic beverages and never give them a cut in the form of taxes.

Uh...yeah right ;)

I'm sure with the proper licenses and fees and all that jazz, you'd be able to sell home brew. I just don't think it'd be worth doing all that for the hobbist home-brewer.

Me and 2 other friends have been planning to open a bar for a long time now. Since I started brewing beer, they all said we should do a micro-brew type bar. I'm sure that's how those types of bars get started anyhow.. it just takes going through all that red tape beforehand.

Yeah, alot of cash and hard work, I imagine...but every guy's dream, right? In NJ, at least in the towns around me, there are only a limited number of liquor licenses available, and they are very expensive, into hundreds of thousands...I don't know if that's typical of the rest of the land...I'm sure it's different elsewhere.

that would be the mob influence rightwing ;)

it depends on your business. resturants might have an easier time, but also be subject to more health regulations.

Back