Question on fermenting my second batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk025

Reaction score
So I brewed an extract wheat beer and all went fine. I got it in to the fermenting bucket pitched my yeast and all and it started bubbling the next day. but after one day it stopped bubbling at all. Today is the 4th day in primary and still no bubbling. I took a sample and it went from OG 1.046 to 1.024. Before i took the sample I got some more yeast started to re pitch. could it hurt at all to repitch still or should I just let it be? I'm planning to transferring to secondary after a week

So I brewed an extract wheat beer and all went fine. I got it in to the fermenting bucket pitched my yeast and all and it started bubbling the next day. but after one day it stopped bubbling at all. Today is the 4th day in primary and still no bubbling. I took a sample and it went from OG 1.046 to 1.024. Before i took the sample I got some more yeast started to re pitch. could it hurt at all to repitch still or should I just let it be? I'm planning to transferring to secondary after a week

If it's already dropped over 20 points, more yeast isn't needed as that means reproduction already took place. I'd make sure it was around 68 degrees, and wait another week or so.

Ok sounds good. Now my next question is that I have the wyeast activator smack pack already smacked so how long will that yeast be good for if I throw it back in the refrigerator?

Ok sounds good. Now my next question is that I have the wyeast activator smack pack already smacked so how long will that yeast be good for if I throw it back in the refrigerator?

Indefinitely. You will want to make a starter for it when you go to use it, but you'd want to do that anyway so it's fine.

Back