Question about triclover element fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with that setup would be how much water it would take to cover the element.

If a heat stick can be placed in from the top be fully submerged I would assume an element starting at the lowest point in the keggle would be easily covered? I don't have a keg and element to measure from so maybe my mental picture is off. :)

Anecdotal evidence suggests that most heat sticks are in an "L" shape/configuration.

That being said, I do like the idea, and I think it merits some further investigation.

What would be your intended purpose? HLT? BK? I don't think it would very well for a MLT, or for BIAB.

Chris

I was thinking it could possibly work for a hlt and bk. I've been reading all of the awesome build threads and slowly working on planning a single tier build for myself. I have access to 2 free kegs and need to pick them up so I can measure and see if this is possible and worthwhile.

This element is 240v/6000w and is only 11.81". Between the adapter and the keg opening, I would image your going to lose 2-3"? Depending on batch size, sounds like it may work.

I used the element adapter from brewers hardware. Installed elements in my boil kettle and HLT.

Did you use the top of the keg opening? Not sure what it is called.

Where the stem goes in.....

This is what the OP is asking.

Chris

Back