Question about oxi clean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgough

Reaction score
I just got some oxi clean free (for laundry, carpet, outdoor)

Is this the right stuff?

Also, what sort of water to oxi clean ratio should I use?

Yep, that's the stuff.

Depends on what you're using it for. For cleaning, I use about 1-2 scoops per 5 gallons of water, which is actually more than I need. For delabeling, I use about 4 scoops in a bathtub full of water, and I have no idea how much water my tub holds.

oxi clean is nice for post brewing clean up in my opinion. I would use iodophor or star san for pre brew sanitization (no rinse).

yep, thats the right stuff.

I tend to use 1/3 to 1/2 scoop per 5 gallons hot water, and that works great for me when cleaning carboys with a soak for a few hours. When removing bottle labels, I use more of 1/2 to 1 scoop per 5 gallons.

thanks for the quick responses.

Im just using it for post brew cleaning. I use star san to sanitize.

I'll make sure I rinse it well. Thanks again

:mug:

Just make sure that you rinse real well after letting things soak for a while.

+1.

It may seem wasteful to rinse a carboy, Better Bottle or bucket five times, but once the yeast and hop particles are gone, you can collect the rinse water in a bucket and pour it in your washing machine to do laundry - it's perfectly fine for that and saves a ton of water.
I reuse most of my brewing waste water for laundry, filling toilet tanks, watering plants, etc.

Back