question about carbonating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twobears

Reaction score
I read the sticky about force carbonating or burst carbonating before posting. Poor planning? Yes. I kegged 10 gallons last night, (2) 5-gallon kegs. I only have one CO2 bottle with one outlet. I would like to serve it at my christmas party tomorrow night....again, poor planning. If I put 30 psi into a keg and unhook it will it still carb up or do I need to keep it hooked up all the time? Ive been switching the kegs back and forth periodically trying to carb each one with the equipment I have. The regulator is set at 20 psi for the keg that is hooked up, I bump the regulator up to 30 psi for the keg that wont be hooked up. Being new to homebrewing, this is the only way I could figure to get it done. Tips? suggestions?

I dont think you will be able to get both to be carbonated in time. Maybe one. Keep it cold as possible the CO2 will absorb faster in colder liquids. When its time to serve drop the co2 to about 6-8. GOOD LUCK!

I would also keep it at 30 if you have the time flip them back and forth every 30 mins or so.

Forgot before you serve purge out co2.

Back