Question about burner mounting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogyman

Reaction score
I'm designing a 2-tier brewing stand similar to the sabco brew magic, and will be using a blichmann burner for the boil kettle.

I've seen several stands use the diamond bracing pattern to mount the burner and hold the kettle. On my stand, I'll be using a pot instead of a keggle for the boil kettle. If I place the pot over the burner, it seems like there would be no place for the gasses to escape (see pic). The flat bottom of the pot would essentially seal in everything by overlapping the struts which hold the burner/pot. How do you handle this? Is there a better way to mount the burner and hold the pot.. or do I need to add risers and raise the pot up off the stand by a half inch or so?

jArAe3E.jpg

I think risers cut from 1/2" or thicker square bar stock would be the easiest solution.
Any alternative I can think of wrt changing the frame design would put some steel above the flame, not a great idea if only from an aesthetic view.

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestion. That's the only other thing I could think of as well without changing up some other items on the frame.

I kept playing with it some more, and I think I'm going to simplify the design a bit using a crosshair pattern to hold the pot instead of a diamond. Should allow venting, and it will be easier to cut/weld.

siKMCFm.jpg

Back