Question about bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryh654

Reaction score
Hey I'm pretty new to home brewing and I have some bottles of Nut Brown Ale that I made from a starter kit. They have been in bottles for about 3 weeks now and I was wondering if and when I should start storing them in the refrigerator. Thanks.

Hey I'm pretty new to home brewing and I have some bottles of Nut Brown Ale that I made from a starter kit. They have been in bottles for about 3 weeks now and I was wondering if and when I should start storing them in the refrigerator. Thanks.

If they've been 3 weeks at 70 degrees, then take one and stick it in the fridge and let it chill for 48 hours....if that one is carbed then you can chill more and enjoy.

If it isn't carbed, give the bottles a roll on a table top, then leave them alone for another week.

Yep, good advice above. I'll just add that 3 weeks is the minimum I would ever expect for full carbonation. Chances are you might have to wait a bit longer. The 'rolling the beer on the table' trick can speed that up a bit, though.

I was wondering more on the lines of if I could store it in the refrigerator. I need to make room for other bottles to age and don't have a place to put the ones I have.

My 2 cents... I will pass down the knowledge that has been given to me. After bottling, store at as close to 70 degrees as possible, wait...wait...wait, I let them "Rest" for at least 6 weeks, rolling them about half way through.

Cheers

Back