Quality Sanke Coupler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduane

Reaction score
It has been a long time since I've hooked up a sanke keg, and the coupler that came with my kegerator is a bit cheap and nasty now because i didn't take care of it properly.

Any recommendations for a good quality stainless Sanke coupler? Ideally one that is easy to clean and replace seals as necessary.

I think they're pretty much all going to be the same in terms of ease of disassembly, seals, etc. I bought an all stainless model from Keg Connection for a decent price.

Make sure you clean it well every once in a while. I like to remove the beer nuts / MFL fittings and gaskets, put the coupler in the "open" position and put in a bowl of hot PBW solution for an hour or two, then rinse really well and put in a bowl of very hot water for another hour or two to make sure it's completely rinsed out. Then reassemble and make sure to hit the main gasket/seal with keg lube.

Should last a long damn time if you maintain it! I like to spray Star San through it and re-lube the main seal every time I tap a keg. I think lubing that seal will make it last a lot longer.

Back