Quality/inexpensive/versatile 10" miter saw blade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
I'm hoping more of the collective expertise will come out on this. I'm looking for a blade that I can use for 2x4's as well as fine moulding cuts. I was looking at the Freud 60 tooth blade, but was wondering if there's something cheaper. Lifetime Carbide has some inexpensive blades but I don't know about their quality since Harbor Freight doesn't have reviews. I'm looking to spend less than $40 on it. Cheers...

(this is for my Ridgid tool Bird :D )

I'd like to know about this too. I have the general-purp one that came with my Ridgid Tool, but I'd like a fine-tooth version for cleaner cuts like I have on my table saw.

If the Rigid came with a 40 tooth I'd hang onto that for doing your framing cuts. Framing and cutting molding are 2 completely different cuts (though your 40 tooth will still give you a decent cut on the molding, a new blade isn't totally necessary). I would get a 60 tooth blade for 40-50 and you'll be happy with it for your pretty much any finishing work. Freud makes great blades as does Vermont and Task (Task is the low-end). A good saw blade is worth the investment however, you might want to spend a little bit more.

I should mention, any blade classified as a finishing blade in 40-60 tooth would work quite well, spend $40-$50 and you'll have a blade you'll be very happy with.

bradsul said:
If the Rigid came with a 40 tooth I'd hang onto that for doing your framing cuts. Framing and cutting molding are 2 completely different cuts (though your 40 tooth will still give you a decent cut on the molding, a new blade isn't totally necessary). I would get a 60 tooth blade for 40-50 and you'll be happy with it for your pretty much any finishing work. Freud makes great blades as does Vermont and Task (Task is the low-end). A good saw blade is worth the investment however, you might want to spend a little bit more.

Ok thanks. I'll reserve the 40 tooth for my framing cuts. I guess the Freud is probably the best for moulding then. I'll look into those other brands first...

Back