Q&A and pointless trivia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pommy

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been done before but Ive had an idea for a completely pointless yet informative thread. Heres the deal, you answer the beer related question then add one of your own. Before you know it there should be a good resource of all things beer :ban:

Lets start off easy to see if anyone want to play then this thing might snowball :rockin:

So I'll start with an easy one....

Where is the world's oldest active brewery?

Not sure if this has been done before but Ive had an idea for a completely pointless yet informative thread. Heres the deal, you answer the beer related question then add one of your own. Before you know it there should be a good resource of all things beer :ban:

Lets start off easy to see if anyone want to play then this thing might snowball :rockin:

So I'll start with an easy one....

Where is the world's oldest active brewery?

Don't know about world's oldest but the US's oldest is Yeungling.

I've got one for you. What brewery developed square bottles with hopes of using empty bottles to build houses in poor countries?

It's pretty neat, I saw a few of the prototypes while touring the brewery, but they said the idea never took off.

I've got one for you. What brewery developed square bottles with hopes of using empty bottles to build houses in poor countries?

It's pretty neat, I saw a few of the prototypes while touring the brewery, but they said the idea never took off.

Heineken

How long should a German Pilsener be stood for after it's first pour before topping off the glass?
Also what temperature should it be served at?

The answers are related, and it's pretty much common knowledge among German drinkers if not a little outdated due to modern taps and kegs, but none the less maintained by older drinkers when they ask for a "slow" pils.

How long should a German Pilsener be stood for after it's first pour before topping off the glass?
Also what temperature should it be served at?

The answers are related, and it's pretty much common knowledge among German drinkers if not a little outdated due to modern taps and kegs, but none the less maintained by older drinkers when they ask for a "slow" pils.

New rule, if nobody answers your question correctly within 24hrs or so you can give us the answer and ask another question :mug:

Back