Put up an experimental cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preliator

Reaction score
hey all,
I put up an experimental cider today, generally ive been concentrating on my meads and beers but had a request for some cider...I have made numerous batches of EdWorts Apfelwien with great reception but was looking for something new....so i played with the recipe a bit and came up with this:

1 gallon Apple Juice (a bit less but ya'll got the idea)
20oz, Polar fuji apple slices with syrup (all natural water and sugar syrup)
1 cinnamon stick
2 dozen raisins
1/3 lb dextrose (edited from 1/2 to 1/3 after I reread the post I realized the mistake sorry)
1 1/4 tsp Nottingham yeast (dehydrated and bubbling before pitch)

unfortunatley I dropped my from the drain board to the batch so this one im just hoping that its okay...ill grab one tomorrow and check it when i rack it over...not perfect but hoping....

Personally i like to experiment with the meads in one gallon batches as i seem to get more variety and better control hoping that this recipe proves well and then ill scale it back up to 5 gallons and make some up....

let me know what you think, any input or comments are greatly appreciated as i am still such a noobie!!!!
thanks
anthony

Latest posts

Back