Pureflo PET bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danorocks17

Reaction score
I read in one of the vs. posts about this website that sells super cheap PET bottles. I'm thinking about adding to my all glass carboy collection and was wondering anyone has had any experience with this brand in particular?

I'm using two of their 5 gallon bottles and so far no issues.
Applebee in one and a lawn mower ale in the other.

is it okay too use these bottles for fermenting in??? the reason im asking im from northern ireland and its not the easiest getting hold of 5gallon glass carboy's

GAWA
Green and White Army

is it okay too use these bottles for fermenting in??? the reason im asking im from northern ireland and its not the easiest getting hold of 5gallon glass carboy's

GAWA
Green and White Army

Yes ,they are safe. Made from PET #1 plastic. won't leach or absorb oxygen.

They come with their own caps. First batch (cider) I used a bung (stopper) with an airlock. Next batch was a honey ale , I took one of the snap on caps that came with it and drilled a hole for a blow off tube. worked great.

The only issue I see is that they only come in 5 gallon max....too small for a 5 gallon primary.

The only issue I see is that they only come in 5 gallon max....too small for a 5 gallon primary.

That was the only downside i saw as well. I've got a 6 1/2 gal and a 5 gal glass carboys right now. I"m going to my hometown for Easter and my grandma is giving me another 6 1/2 gal she had sitting around so I'm going to use my glass as primary and PET as secondary.

I'm using two of their 5 gallon bottles and so far no issues.
Applebee in one and a lawn mower ale in the other.

How long did it take you to get your bottles? I ordered my a week ago, I'm not really worried about getting them soon, I'm just curious when I should be looking for them to come :mug:

Long story,but there was a mix up when I first ordered. A phone call to customer service squared it away and then to make up for it they overnighted them to me.

Back