Puree sitting at bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Btaz

Reaction score
After reading around I threw 3lbs of mango Fruit puree directly into primary after fermentation was mostly complete. A few days later it looks like the mango has basically settled to the bottom. I haven't read or anybody rousing it during this conditioning time. So just let it sit or do something about it?
20190427_200946~01.jpeg

Makes me wonder what kind did. I ferment in stainless Ss brewbuckets and can't see if it went to the bottom like yours or not.

I did about the same thing as you. Fermentation was close to done and I dumped in 1.5lbs of blood orange puree. It worked great for me. I just let it sit.

Since your beer was nearly finished when you added the mango there was a huge amount of yeast present which means that the mango started fermenting immediately since it didn't have the lag time to build up the yeast. Couple that with the simple sugars in the fruit and it probably fermented out in 24 to 36 hours and has now settled out, completely fermented. Rousing it now would just delay the clearing of the beer. Now is probably a good time to take a hydrometer reading as you prepare for bottling. Take another in 2-3 days to assure that it has completed fermentation.

Latest posts

Back