Pure American Badassitude

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89h-X-tZa_w]High on Fire[/ame].

Matt Pike sounds like a cross between Lemmy and Tommy Victor.

:rockin:

Now that's my kind of music! Hopefully the band makes enough for the singer to get his teeth done. :D

I think I may have found something that rdwj and Radarbrew would prefer: :D :D :D :rockin:

[youtube]6lE6Htee0sA[/youtube]

ohiobrewtus said:
Conan O'Brien sings too? :D ;)

Ha, here's a better angle...

queens2.bmp

ohiobrewtus said:
Conan O'Brien sings too? :D ;)

That's King Baby Duck, a.k.a. Ginger Elvis a.k.a. Carlo Von Sexron, baby! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBm6AzA8lZQ]Monster in the Parasol[/ame]

ohiobrewtus said:
I think I may have found something that rdwj and Radarbrew would prefer: :D :D :D :rockin:

[youtube]6lE6Htee0sA[/youtube]

Well, it's better than the first one, but that's not saying much

What an interesting variance in musical tastes here on HBT! I respect all kinds of music and dislike musical EACs who have all kinds of intolerance for other people's tastes. They're on both ends of the spectrum like Classical snobs that think metal is for idiots or deathmetal fans who think pop music is for "fags". Just my opinion of course.

SwAMi75 said:
The one Soulive posted? That's QOTSA.

Yup, but the bassist is from Mondo Generator. The 2nd singer with the deeper voice is from another band too, but I'm not positive which one. I think its Screaming Trees but I can't remember...

cool, I didn't think the bassist played with qotsa. Cool stuff. With the youngins and a much more mellow SWMBO, I don't get a chance to listen to harder stuff much anymore:(

quickerNu said:
cool, I didn't think the bassist played with qotsa. Cool stuff. With the youngins and a much more mellow SWMBO, I don't get a chance to listen to harder stuff much anymore:(

That particular album, which I assume they were promoting when that clip was filmed, had several guests. Although he's not in that Youtube clip, Dave Grohl played all the drums for that album...

Soulive said:
Yup, but the bassist is from Mondo Generator. The 2nd singer with the deeper voice is from another band too, but I'm not positive which one. I think its Screaming Trees but I can't remember...

Yep, Mark Lanegan was with Screaming Trees. Josh played a tour with them, too. The bassist is Nick Oliveri...he's also in a band called Dwarves.

This band whats their name is like BMC yuck. A compliment would be.......
nice tooth squirl! Metal? = very lame.
Music is so unique to ones taste. We can't like it all. Some like a certain sound others think it's from a whosit's ass. Go figure. I personally think it's
sounds pretty worthless, like sounds from a. . . . .hard to explain. It's pretty bad

Oscar,

Gregg Meyer said:
This band whats their name is like BMC yuck. A compliment would be.......
nice tooth squirl! Metal? = very lame.
Music is so unique to ones taste. We can't like it all. Some like a certain sound others think it's from a whosit's ass. Go figure. I personally think it's
sounds pretty worthless, like sounds from a. . . . .hard to explain. It's pretty bad

Oscar,

Yeah.

Huh?

Man this poop sucks fella's My farts are better than this. That ain't sayin much. This shows how screwed up we are as a nation where doofusses think this is good and pay them to try and create more. Wow turds on parade.

Oscar,

Still miss these guys, But I do love the results after the split.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAXGu81Rk1g]YouTube - Kyuss - One Inch Man[/ame]

Kyuss - Demon Cleaner

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pMfqZGg-FA]YouTube - Kyuss Gardenia[/ame]

To the first video, that is a man that should not be getting close-ups of the mouth. What the **** was going on there, it was like he had old gravestones for teeth.

For some reasons (maybe im getting too old at 42) i have a real hard time finding modern bands i really dig, set aside a few exceptions, sometimes just for a song or two.

I usually prefer classic 70's and 80's rock and hard rock stuff, the heaviest of my spectrum being Iron Maiden, Megadeth, NightWish (only with Tarja) and such, being a big fan of Early Sabbath as well.

And all of those are showing a lot as influences in my playing as well.

I cant say the bands of today aren't good, it's just not the same vibe as it used to, and my take on it is that it's because the times have really changed, new generations don't go trough the same stuff we older guys did, and all of it is reflected in the music, and it's probably very normal anyways, like i couldn't relate to what my parents liked musically, and they used to hate the stuff i listened to...

The wheels of time are a turnin... :)

This is me playing some impro mixed pentatonic scales on a backing track, this is just one of the practice routines i do:

Last edited by a moderator:
Symphonic metal ftw. Plus female vocals to offset the aggressiveness is a pleasant addition. I love this stuff. These guys have chops.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvzMkY8Zxng]YouTube - Nightwish-Dark Chest of Wonders[/ame]

Yeah, love the Nightwish with Tarja Era as well, i bought the "End of an Era" live DvD, i love this concert.
I got that too, listening to it right now! It's my daughter's favorite video, she's a very advanced headbanger for a 2 year old:)

Man this poop sucks fella's My farts are better than this. That ain't sayin much. This shows how screwed up we are as a nation where doofusses think this is good and pay them to try and create more. Wow turds on parade.

Oscar,

Wow, not only are you necrothreading, but slamming people's taste in music. Would you like me to link some more Air Supply for you? Or maybe some Rod Stewart?

While I don't like most of the music listed here, gregg certainly doesn't have a very open mind on the matter.

Here, you like this gregg?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ub3_eefBc0&feature=PlayList&p=59A34199D86002A4&playnext=1&index=22]YouTube - Macabre: Whats That Smell?[/ame]

EDIT: Or this?

ok, MOST people don't like Macabre. How about Necrophagist? Fermented Offal Discharge has gotta be one of the greatest songs ever. And it's about fermentation so it goes with Drunken Metal Brewing™ :D

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back