Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm cooking with pumpkin this year instead of brewing with it. I usually brew a pumpkin ale every other year anyway and I still still have a few bottles from last year's batch.
I saw pumpkin beers the first week of Aug this year.... way too soon.

My son brewed a Pumpkin Beer last year that was very good, and he will probably brew it again this year. It's excellent - uses pumpkin in the mash and the boil...and of course the spices. It is has great body and mouthfeel...just like a mouthful of pumpkin pie.

I also have a Pumpkin Dubbel recipe that I want to try sometime, but ... not this year....

my Pumpkin in my Pie recipe is sort of like Pumking with a little more cracker/crust feel to it. I used pumpkin in the mash then add the spices a few times during the whole beer making process. It's a great pumpkin beer but I usually can only drink a few a year before I get sick of it which is why I make it around 8%.

I brewed my pumpkin ale this morning, and after remembering a certain popular movie released today, inspiration struck.
pennyweiz-68363.png

...instead, I think I will brew:

Chokecherry Pale Ale
Cranberry Wheat
Blauer Mond
Honey-Sage Seasonal
Apple Crisp Amber Ale
Chestnut Brown Ale
Chocolate Maple Porter
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Stout

Yuck!

...instead, I think I will brew:

Chokecherry Pale Ale
Cranberry Wheat
Blauer Mond
Honey-Sage Seasonal
Apple Crisp Amber Ale
Chestnut Brown Ale
Chocolate Maple Porter
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Stout

The oatmeal raisin cookie stout and apple crisp amber ale sound pretty good would you mind posting the recipes please.

I brewed an imperial pumpkin ale about 4 years ago. I've never been the hugest fan of this style but I'll have to say, this was one of the best beers I've ever brewed.

Tip:
Despite what many home brewers say to the contrary, my secret ingredient was a large can of Pumpkin pie filling near the end of the boil. It adds a few fermentables, spices, and the pumpkin.

I was quite impressed with the final products. I would have have bought it from a store.

I brewed an imperial pumpkin ale about 4 years ago. I've never been the hugest fan of this style but I'll have to say, this was one of the best beers I've ever brewed.

Tip:
Despite what many home brewers say to the contrary, my secret ingredient was a large can of Pumpkin pie filling near the end of the boil. It adds a few fermentables, spices, and the pumpkin.

I was quite impressed with the final products. I would have have bought it from a store.

One of the best pumpkin beers I ever brewed I used not only the canned pumpkin but the spiced one and man was it good! I added the pumpkin in the beginning of the boil and it was a nice hint of pumpkin and not over powering.

No squared. I can't stand pumpkin (or any other yellow squash for that matter). I've been trying to come up with a recipe that uses apples and spices instead. Possibly a helles or something similar.

I used to love them, now I'm mostly over them. I keep getting requests to make one this year though, so I probably will and just give most of it away.

Latest posts

Back