Pumpkin Pie Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry41h

Reaction score
After searching and waiting, I've finally procured 18 lbs of Pumpkin Blossom Honey! I'm going to use Madagascar Vanilla Beans, Jamaican Allspice Berries, and Vietnamese Cinnamon Sticks to make a Pumpkin Pie Mead. I plan for the first bottle to be cracked next Thanksgiving!

alane1 said:
how is the flavor of the honey? sounds like a nice score.
It just arrived yesterday and I haven't cracked a seal in a bottle so I don't know yet. The apiary describes the honey as having a slightly spicy character with a faint note of pumpkin. I'm hoping 12 lbs of Libby's in a secondary will fortify the pumpkin notes. I'm only going to high the highest quality spices that I can find. I figure that paying $135.00 for honey means that only the most choice of ingredients should be mixed with it!

My intention is to simply add the pumpkin to the bottom of a fermentation bucket and rack the "mostly fermented" mead and spices to it.

mhenry41h said:
My intention is to simply add the pumpkin to the bottom of a fermentation bucket and rack the "mostly fermented" mead and spices to it.

I should also add that the pumpkin would be put into a baking dish and roasted in the oven prior to adding to the mead.

Latest posts

Back