Pumpkin Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XrandyrodX

Reaction score
I am trying to make a pumpkin beer. I was thinking I would also use some whole allspice and cinnamon sticks to give it the flavor of a pumpkin pie almost. I would think using whole allspice and whole cinnamon would be better so that there wouldn't be flaky granules within the wort. I have never brewed with spices or with pumpkin so any advice will help.

Thanks

I did a pumpkin brew last year and plan to do another I got 4 lbs of fresh cooked at 350 for 30 mins I added half for 60 mins to the boil and the other half right in the carboy. I also used 2 whole nutmegs 1 nutmeg went in last 5 mins of the boil the other we into the sec fermentor then 3 cinnamon sticks 2 with the last 5 mins of boil and 1 in sec fermentor and 6 whole cloves 4 cloves last 5 mins of boil and 2 in sec fermentor ( hope that wasn't to confusing ) this beer was awesome but this year I will use less cloves.
Cheers Chopps

Back