Pumpkin ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firstnten

Reaction score
Juts finished a 5 gallon batch of AHS pumpkin ale. It was such a hit I picked up a similar recipe at my LHBS this time I want to try and bake the pumpkin first I have read it adds allot of character to the beer. My question is how long do you bake it and at what temp?:tank:

since I'm getting zero response I'm going with 350F. In another thread they said cook until soft....

How long? I guess I'm on my own with that...:ban:

The batches I have done have been partial mash. The first time I just dumped the pumkin right out the can and mashed with grains in a grain bag. The second time I used more pumpkin, baked it and added it to the grains while mashing. After I sparged I disposed of the grains and pumpkin, I did not boil the pumpkin. To be 100% honest I added more pumpkin this time than I had previously so I had a noticible amount of increased pumpkin taste, but I will say I think the pumkin had the same overall flavor just more intense since I used more.

The batches I have done have been partial mash. The first time I just dumped the pumkin right out the can and mashed with grains in a grain bag. The second time I used more pumpkin, baked it and added it to the grains while mashing. After I sparged I disposed of the grains and pumpkin, I did not boil the pumpkin. To be 100% honest I added more pumpkin this time than I had previously so I had a noticible amount of increased pumpkin taste, but I will say I think the pumkin had the same overall flavor just more intense since I used more.

Me to all partial mash. Although the current recipe has the spices added during dry hopping I wonder how that is going to change the flavor as well

I just tasted an ale i did with pumpkin.

i didn't bake and used 29 oz out of a can + cinnamon and Brown sugar.
the taste is barely noticable but it is a nice beer.

So +1 on the baking or adding more.

I just started my first pumpkin brew. Cubed 4 pie pumpkins and threw them in my boil raw (30 mins).

Latest posts

Back