Pumpkin Ale Tragedy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tizzomes

Reaction score
So I brewed my first pumpkin ale today and everything went well. Cleaned up and relaxed to watch some football and realized I used a tablespoon of cinnamon instead of a teaspoon.Any thoughts, it tasted good before I pitched the yeast.

I used 2 table spoons, everyone changes their pumpkin recipe. I'm sure you will be good.

Of all the spices to overdo, cinnamon is the best choice... overdoing allspice or cloves would be really gross. It may be completely fine.

Thanks, like I mentioned this was my first pumpkin ale And my first partial mash.I'm just babying the brew I guess, 6 more weeks.

So I brewed my first pumpkin ale today and everything went well. Cleaned up and relaxed to watch some football and realized I used a tablespoon of cinnamon instead of a teaspoon.Any thoughts, it tasted good before I pitched the yeast.

I did the same thing.. only with cloves! It actually isn't too bad though, a bit strong but not obnoxious. Should be fine, atleast you didn't do it with cloves :drunk:

I've done a spiced amber before that called for 3 tablespoons of cinnamon, and on top of that a bunch of cloves and allspice. Tasted amazing. Cinnamon is definitely not as potent as cloves or allspice would be, ie. you're fine.

First partial mash, first full boil, and first time using my keggle feel like a newbie thanks again...cheers! !

Back