Pumpkin ale fermented in a pumpkin ..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schumed

Reaction score
Want to try a wild fermentation so made a basic pumpkin ale and fermented inside a pumpkin after a week I transferred back to a secondary ...Definitely have something wild going on...I created a sour pumpkin ale :) has a slight acidic smell and taste with a pumpkin finish ...going to let it ride awhile and let the science experiment get funky

image-3939214170.jpg

image-436736914.jpg

Yeah, I'd say it was infected with something.
What was your process with the cleaning of the pumpkin. I'm curious.

I'm going to comment just so I can keeps tabs on this.......interesting. I have 3 little pie pumpkins I will be doing something with right after Halloween, just undecided right now.

This is a pretty awesome idea. I'm interested. Did you pitch yeast in the pumpkin as well, or just let it wild ferment?

What kind of pumpkin did you use in the brew itself? That looks like a carving pumpkin, not good for eating. Nice looking pellicle though.

What yeast (if any) did you pitch?

I pitched with us-05

Canned pumpkin in the boil

I just scraped out the seeds ...didn't do any other cleaning of the pumpkin wanted what ever was in there to infect the ale...

This is 2 gallon batch only about 1 1-2 gallons made to the pumpkin

Back