Pump Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamplawn

Reaction score
Ive been looking at some pump options for moving wort etc. Ive seen these drill powered pumps and can seem to find any info on heat restrictions...

Any one have any info on these?

Thanks

SwampLawn

Ive been looking at some pump options for moving wort etc. Ive seen these drill powered pumps and can seem to find any info on heat restrictions...

Any one have any info on these?

Thanks

SwampLawn

I bought one a long time ago, but have lost track of it. It was rather cheaply made from low grade plastic. Not sure how well it would do if subjected to high temperatures, but I would guess poorly. The other problem is that they are not mag drive pumps. IOW, they have a shaft seal which would be near impossible to sanitize properly. IIRC, the pumping rate was rather feeble, but that may have had something to do with the way I was using it with a long discharge hose. I was trying to pump water from a flooded sump. It didn't work very well at all. It would be better to stick with the standard pumps commonly used such as the March, Little Giant and the Chuggers.

for 99 bucks, get a chugger on ebay. I got one of those drill pumps to suck water out of an inground hot tub, probably did about 10 gallons then it died.

Back