Pump mount

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregory T

Reaction score
I just bought my first brew pump and am wondering if I need to mount it to something? I can find plenty of info about mounting to a brew stand, however this pump will be sitting on the ground. I can’t really find anything about that.

I certainly don’t want to turn on a brand new March pump, have it flip over and break day 1. I use a hellfire with leg extensions and plan on bringing the hose down from the kettle to the pump on the ground, and have ordered a priming valve as well. I’m thinking maybe a piece of wood or something, or is it ok to just sit on the ground without a mount?

Thanks for your help

Thanks guys. I’m excited about this pump. I got it to recirculate my Tripels for clarity; but now that I think about it, I’m a herms coil, a couple holes in my old kettle, and a silicone hose away from a Herms system

I bought some aluminum angle from home depot to make skis for each of my pumps:
32653942257_5870cf3b62_k.jpg

I had to do something like this to keep the pumps from tipping when fittings and tubing were attached. I just cut to length, drilled holes to match the pump mounting bracket, and then used nuts and short bolts to affix them together.

I bought some aluminum angle from home depot to make skis for each of my pumps:
32653942257_5870cf3b62_k.jpg

I had to do something like this to keep the pumps from tipping when fittings and tubing were attached. I just cut to length, drilled holes to match the pump mounting bracket, and then used nuts and short bolts to affix them together.
that's beautiful

Back