Pump In Keezer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laying in a short insulated and chilled trunk line would be an interesting exercise - to observe, at least. I'm not sure it's worth the effort unless there's more to the saga than evident. Ie: a tower atop a keezer is a darned short run and I have a feeling chilling those lines using liquid cooling isn't going to pay off compared to simpler alternatives.

fwiw, I use a tower cooler I cobbled together from a 12vdc 40mm fan, small plastic case, and 1" ID tubing, stuffed up my insulated tower column with the (6) beer lines tie-wrapped around it, leaving enough room for air to free-return to the cabinet. It keeps the tower within 6-10°F of the cabinet interior temperature, which is sufficient to get some pretty good condensation on the faucets this time of year...

Cheers!

I've been thinking about doing this with my coffin box. I have 14 taps on the coffin box, and I have always just been ok with the foaming.

For my system, it would be about chilling the shanks and faucets, which would really require me to wrap the shanks with copper tubing and pump the chilled water through the copper. This has prevented me from doing it, though I'm still thinking about other ways to chill the shanks/faucets.

In the past, I tried using a bilge fan to bring in cooler air into the coffin box, but that brought too much moisture back in to the walk-in cooler, and it caused the window AC unit to freeze up that I use to chill, so I had to take that out.

I use a pond pump and glycol to chill the lines going from the basement up to the dining room. About 10 feet of line outside the keezer. Ball valve turned down to slow the flow to just a trickle. Should work fine for a tower right on the keezer, though probably not needed.

Back