Pumking Souther Tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last bottle I had (yesterday), would confirm your statement... However, I had one about 2 weeks ago and it was exactly as I remember it being from last year.

I've heard others say that they aren't very consistent, but this was my first time with this "issue." For now, I'll blame the inconsistency on my dehydration/2 hours of sleep.

I was surprised by this years batch... The aroma was amazing... But all I got was buttery graham cracker bitterness... Huge bitter aftertaste that lingered... I have a 2013 in the fridge to try tonight... I know it's a year old but I don't remember pumking being so bitter last year...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

They definitely aren't consistent. First year I had them I thought they were awesome. Next year came around I found it to be too sickly sweet and didn't like it anywhere near as much as the year prior. I stopped buying them as a result.

Rev.

Guess I need to step up my pumpkin recipe and be happy with that... I don't have that buttery flavor locked in but I am okay with that...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Diffenately different from last year. I had several bottles left over to compare. This year is definitely sweeter and has a stronger pumpkin pie crust/graham cracker aroma and taste. Personally, I preferred last year over this year. It's just a little too much sweetness for me, it's almost candy like. I think last years batch was more balanced. It's still good though, but I won't be spending anymore money on another case. I bought 3 cases last year

I realized I had it in a keg last time. I thought maybe it was due to having it in the bottle this year that made the difference. I know if I drink Blue Moon out of a bottle I want to dump it, but out of a keg it is delicious.
I had the same experience of a bitterness linger as Gixxer. I still have to say the Pumpking I had in the keg was by far the best pumpkin beer I ever had.

Back