Pt1000 with a rex c-100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsclinto

Reaction score
Hi Lads,

Just wondering if anyone knows if a Pt1000 (yep thats right) is compatible with a rex c-100. Long story short is that i bought the Pt1000 thinking i'd give me better control of the mash but it doesn't seem compatible with the pid. After thrawling the internet, there is no information about this. Think I might be answering my own question, just need confirmation that i have to buy a Pt100 :(

Many thanks

Never heard of a pt1000.. sure it's not a typo?
Which rexc100 do you have? The real ones are made by rkc in Japan and the fakes ship from china.. There are a few different clones which are really only clones on the outside.. They all have different guts.. your better off spending $20 on a mypin ta4 or $30 on the better td4 if you plan on using it for boils since it has manual mode which the Rex and its clones does not.
My Rex clone worked fine with a pt100 but it was not the " Berme" version clone.

Never heard of a pt1000.. sure it's not a typo?
Which rexc100 do you have? The real ones are made by rkc in Japan and the fakes ship from china.. There are a few different clones which are really only clones on the outside.. They all have different guts.. your better off spending $20 on a mypin ta4 or $30 on the better td4 if you plan on using it for boils since it has manual mode which the Rex and its clones does not.
My Rex clone worked fine with a pt100 but it was not the " Berme" version clone.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Its no typo. I thought i was clever getting a pt1000 as its far more accurate but it seems that it doesn't want to work with the pid. The pt1000 has a 1000 ohm resistance compared to 100 with the pt100.

In respect of the pid, its a clone version from china. Cheap and cheerful for me. I thought of the manual mode beforehand and i've conjured up a circuit that will give me a manual mode aswell that will override the pid for boils, etc

this should be easy to sort out, connect it and try it in ice water and boiling water. if it works your good to go if not - http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-2-Class-A...348810?hash=item35ca99e08a:g:Em0AAMXQ4uJSCc9M

Good Luck aamcle

Thanks for that. I have tried to use the pt1000 in the keggle but it seems that the pid doesn't have the function to read 1000 ohms. I thought that there may have been a entry code in the hidden menu that would accept it (like the pt100), but it keeps saying that there is an overscale when i enter the pt100 code

Last edited:
Back