PSP - any opinions/reviews/comments/etc?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
I'm thinking about picking up PSP for when I travel (e.g. 11 hours to Greece). The games look good but I'm also interested in the movie capability. I'm also wondering what the battery life is like. Anyone have one or used one?

I have one of the older model PSP's and I love it...I use it for the boring nights at work, I have a 4gb memory card and usually take two movies and 300 MP3's. Then I have a few games as well which I play.

t is perfect for my use and I recommend it.

I have one of the older model PSP's and I love it...I use it for the boring nights at work, I have a 4gb memory card and usually take two movies and 300 MP3's. Then I have a few games as well which I play.

t is perfect for my use and I recommend it.

Thanks. Do you recommend getting the memory card?

if you buy the bundle it will come with a 1GB memory card, worth the extra $30 when you consider you also get a game and a movie.

If you want to play movies from the memory stick then you are going to want to get bigger. If you are just watching UMD movies then I wouldn't sweat it.

Also, with the new version the battery life seems to last a hell of a long time. I got 6+hours of playtime on a recent flight.

if you buy the bundle it will come with a 1GB memory card, worth the extra $30 when you consider you also get a game and a movie.

If you want to play movies from the memory stick then you are going to want to get bigger. If you are just watching UMD movies then I wouldn't sweat it.

Also, with the new version the battery life seems to last a hell of a long time. I got 6+hours of playtime on a recent flight.

All I'm looking to do is play a few sports games and watch a few movies. What is the memory stick for, saving progress? I'm a little clueless with video game technology...

All I'm looking to do is play a few sports games and watch a few movies. What is the memory stick for, saving progress? I'm a little clueless with video game technology...

You can store just about anything on the Memory Stick. Saved games, pictures, music, movies, updates, apps, etc. So if you are watching movies is only feasible on larger capacity cards. But 1G will fit a lot of MP3's, at least enough for a flight.

If you get the latest firmware and have a WiFi connection it has two internet radio modules available and Skype.

EDIT - Don't forget the firmware can be cracked, and many emulators can be run on it. In case you have any NES, Gameboy, or whatever titles you were a fan of.

Damn! thanks for the input guys! I was also debating whether or not I wanted to pick up a PSP for travel... I just may do it.

I was looking at bundle packs, esp since they usually come with a cheesy game and memory card.

The cool thing about the PSP is that the gaming aspect is almost secondary. Talk about the ultimate travel tool. Music, video, internet, etc. It rocks.

The browser is a little clunky, but when you are bored to death in an airport for hours on end, the PSP is a lifesaver.

Now that I have mine where I can connect to my PS3 at home, I have an endless selection of streaming music and movies. Among other things.

Dang I got an old one, and keep 1.5 OS on it, so I can use it as en ebook reader. That's almost all I use it for. It does other things very well, but I normally read when I have free time with it. I'd like to upgrade the OS, but I'm afraid of losing the ability to run my ebook reader homebrew app. Anyone know if Bookr can run on newer OS?

Back