PSI into kegs dropping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnchorBock

Reaction score
First time kegging. Put two kegs in the fridge at 13 PSI, fridge is 40*. Went to check after about an hour, and the PSI on each regulator (dual body regulator) had dropped to about 10 PSI. I turned each back up to 13 PSI, cam back an hour later and same thing, down to about 10 PSI. Could this just be from putting the tank and regulator into the fridge? The pressure in the cylinder dropped as expected, when searching that's all I can find people addressing. Should I keep dialing back up to 13 PSI or leave it?

Thanks

After posting, the "Similar Threads" answered my question. Because the kegs were not pressurized up to 13 PSI, the regulator had not fully dialed in. Looks like checking after 12-24 hours is pretty standard.

Are you turning the tank off or closing valves to the kegs? The temperature decrease would cause a pressure drop in the kegs, plus any absorption of CO2 into the beer in the kegs (if it is not already carbed). However, if the tank is supplying constant pressure to the kegs, and the lines are open, the pressure should stay constant in the kegs.

No I didn't turn anything off. The kegs were already cold (put them in the fridgelast night), the tank was not. The regulator I got from Midwest was faulty so I only added enough pressure last night to seal the kegs up, and got the regulator fixed at Midwest today. When I got home I put the tank in the fridge and connected the gas lines and brought them up to 13 PSI.

Latest posts

Back