PSA: Use Proper Protection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamjonsharp

Reaction score
On brewday, homebrew comsumption goes up, and as a result, so does inhibition.
Use proper protection to avoid unwarranted fluid displacement.
protection.jpg

mashing1.jpg

boiling1.jpg

Only a couple of bucks at Lowes. Will prevent untold sorrow resulting from wort loss.

I'm always loosing wort during vourlaf when filling a pitcher to recirc. I end up turning away only to look back and see that the pitcher if full and flowing all over the garage floor. Always a result of too much HB:drunk:

I'm confused, are you trying to prevent someone from putting a body part in the valve?:D

No body wants to be the little dutch boy with his finger in the dike.

So how the hell am I supposed to get that thing out when I'm half loaded?

I'm proud to say that I've never penised a beer. :D

"How'd your last brew turn out."
"Pretty good, but it has kind of a weird off flavor. I think it's from hot-side-aeration."
"HSA? Lemme try some....that's not hide-side-aeration, that's beer penised!"
"Beer penised? How do I avoid that in my future brews?"
"Well, for starters, you should avoid starting everyone off with a bomber of barleywine..."

This thread is just useless! Just wear a freakin' condom on brewdays like I do. Some days, I even go a step further if it is cold and wear pants too! :cross:

I lost 15 seconds out of my life reading and responding to this thread...

On a side note, if you are "condom'd" while brewing, you can just pee right in it!

It still amazes me how some threads can be so informative, while others hit a pebble in the road and veer off completely out of control..... Amazes me even more that either Laughing Gnome or myself seem to be posting in them when that happens..... Karma I guess.
Hmmm, by the way, I didn't know you were Dutch either Revvy. Learn something new every day I guess.

It still amazes me how some threads can be so informative, while others hit a pebble in the road and veer off completely out of control..... Amazes me even more that either Laughing Gnome or myself seem to be posting in them when that happens..... Karma I guess.
Hmmm, by the way, I didn't know you were Dutch either Revvy. Learn something new every day I guess.

I prefer informative and out of control

Back