Proud Moment!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyeBrewer

Reaction score
Just popped a top on my first home brew ever and was very proud when my black lager turned out pretty damn good! I used a kit for black lager and definitely learned a lot in the process. I have several other irons in the fire and I love this fantastic new hobby. Just wanted to share a great moment in brewing instead of all the disasters that seem to happen! Do you guys remember your first brews? How did they turn out? Do you still brew the same thing you brewed that first time? Cheers!

image-603895307.jpg

image-4055955097.jpg

congrats. my first brew was a dark lager too. it tasted like apples, and not in a particularly good way. that's what you get when you start brewing before learning about temp control, lol.

Looks delicious. My first one was pretty good, but I'm still partial to my third batch (first AG). It was an all Centennial IPA at 70 IBUs.

Congrats!

I just opened my first brew in 15 years or so just the other day (an American Amber), so I know the feeling. That looks great! My second batch (an American Pale Ale) is in the primary (I'm going to skip the secondary this time around), and it'll be ready to bottle in another week or so. Love this hobby!

Congrats, my 1st was a Black IPA. I re-brewed an All Grain, different recipe, was even better. Welcome to the addiction.

Try getting a shot where the glass isn't in the dark. The bottle sheilds the light too much. Otherwise looks good. Got my own recipe for a dark hybrid lager in the fridge a few more days. Congrats.

Not much to see as this Lager is black as night but here's another shot I took. Thanks for the tip!

image-308694257.jpg

Back