propane to electric kettle question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bane

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to convert from propane to electric, I just had the 240v put into my garage.

I initially considered the grainfather, but can't source a 220/240v version. So, I have decided to to build my own with brewpi as the controller.

I saw a thread recently where someone sourced kettles from a brew supply place in California (I believe) that was able to due custom welds for a very reasonable price for their electric build. I can't for the life of me find the thread or the supplier. Anyone remember this and able to point me in the correct direct?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not sure what the prices are of what you are referring to but I picked up a custom kettle from the Spike bargain cave and had them add an extra TC port to it. Wishing now I had them add a 4th port but I'm very happy with the kettle and thought the price was reasonable for the quality.

Brewers Hardware is located in California and they do custom work as well (on their premium kettles)

Is there a reason you're not considering the weldless fittings? I used TRUE Weldless 1.5" TC Bulkheads @$24 each from brewhardware.com
I bought a cheap 13 piece set of carbide hole saws on Amazon for $33.

Latest posts

Back