Propane Tank Hose Extension

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetallHed

Reaction score
My current setup is a three-tier system. I want to use a turkey fryer burner on the top tier for my HLT. The hose on this burner isn't long enough to reach all the way to the ground where I would like to set my propane tank. Currently, I would have to set the propane tank on a stool so the hose is able to reach. I've been trying to find a good cheap extension for the hose, but I'm not sure exactly what would work. I came across this in another thread:

Link

Would that be the part I need for what I'm trying to accomplish, or do I need something else? Does anyone know of a proper solution?

Any help is greatly appreciated. It's not too big of a pain to just prop up the tank and move it to where I need it, but this would make the brew day a little bit easier.

:mug:

Oh yeah and

"He said hose... extension.."
beavis_butt-head_image_washington_monument_01.jpg

quagmire_giggity_giggity_goo-s433x481-38244.jpg

You'll definately want to make sure that the propane tank can go on the ground. The tank getting knocked down could bring the whole brew rig down. You probably don't want/won't find an extension hose. You want to source a replacement hose that is longer.

Something like this http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|406|301237|322409&id=126997. This is a marine store so you can probably find one for household use for less $$.

Should connect to your burner and regulator/tank connector replacing the existing hose

I think the hose in you link fits the small camping style propane tanks ("Use with high pressure camping appliances"). You should check out Ace Hardware, Walmart, Home Depot, etc. They should have longer hoses for turkey fryers.

+2 on replacement hose suggestion. Those rubber hoses are cheaply made in bulk for the turkey fryers. Mine always seemed to dry rot or develop leaks. Size up the lengths u need and you might find a good price on Amazon. I went there after needing 10' hoses for my 3 tier using one of those 100# tanks.

Thanks for the tips!

I think I'm going to start out with taking my burners to the local propane business and see if they can replace the lines for me. I'm thinking it might be cheaper and safer for the qualified guys to do it for me. I'll post back with the results and cost regardless of which route I take.

Back