Propane quick disconnects?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tszetela

Reaction score
I am putting together a 3 tier bretree style rig that disassembles quickly for storage and I want to put quick disconnects on the 2 burners to keep assembly and knock down as fast as possible. The plan is to have a ‘Pig Tail” on the (high pressure) burners and just connect the tank when I am ready to fire it up. So does anyone have any advice on using quick disconnects and/or a good place to get them? Everywhere I have seen them they are like ~$40 a set and I need 2.

On a semi-related topic can you put a low pressure line on a high pressure burner?

YAh Google
Dry Break disconnects
Then ask the makers about gasses.

For what is worth I have been using Air disconnects on my propane tanks for years. I have a Y hook up on a tank and run two burners off it for fish frys and whatever on the other. No leaks ever and these two burners are high pressure. Now when it comes to natural gas that's a different story.

Swagman:cool:

Back