Propane burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grey487

Reaction score
Is it just me or has anyone else discovered, using your new propane burner while brewing in your driveway on a slightly windy day, is an extremely effective way to control the length of your leg hair?

I discovered that nylon doesn't actually burn, it melts. And when it's in the form of shorts, it sticks to you skin like nepalm. I'll have to give the leg hair thing a try.

This is why I brew in a old beat up pair of bib overalls and shoes. On a good day I'll put some underoos on also.

My dog discovered this with the tip of her tail one time. Dog hair burns/melts pretty quickly when the burner is going wide open and now my dog is nowhere to be found when I start pulling out the brewing equipment.

I discovered that nylon doesn't actually burn, it melts. And when it's in the form of shorts, it sticks to you skin like nepalm.

Wait 'til you see a guy with roadrash when wearing synthetics. There is a reason leather, denim and sheepskin lasted so long as the ONLY thing to wear on a motorcycle.

I could tell you stories about flash fires at refineries and the guys who di NOT follow the guidelines for what to wear under their FRC (Fire Resistant Clothing). All I need say is 65% nylon and testicles.

Back