Propane burner ok to use??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
Hey bought this propane burner and after doing some research most ofbthe burners I see have multiple exaust holes for the flame, I guessing better heat distribution on the pot. However this is a jet burner and so has a single outlet for the flame. I haven't used it yet and am worried that I might have unforseen issues using this type of burner. Would it be ok to use? Would I burn alot more propane with this type of burner compared to others? I can still return this, is there something better you'd recommend? Here's the link http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/...ner-Outdoor-Cooker.aspx?a=559844&kwtid=310603

It's fine. BTUs are BTUs, the kettle will take care of the heat distribution.

Edit: After looking at the picture, the support ring looks kind of flimsy. Maybe it just looks that way, but I
would make sure it can hold a full brewkettle and be stable before using it. Safety first.

It's fine. BTUs are BTUs, the kettle will take care of the heat distribution.

Edit: After looking at the picture, the support ring looks kind of flimsy. Maybe it just looks that way, but I
would make sure it can hold a full brewkettle and be stable before using it. Safety first.

While you are technically correct - you increase our chances of scorching the DME or LME with such a concentrated flame. Why bother buying a marginally good burner?

You are much better off with a hurricane or banjo burner, or multi-jet burners as others have pointed out.

yep that's what i'm thinking gonna see if I can pick one up locally and return this one. thx for the advice

yep that's what i'm thinking gonna see if I can pick one up locally and return this one. thx for the advice

check home depot, Ace hardware, Menards, Lowe's...even Sears and Costco usually start stocking the 'turkey fryer' burners this time of year.

Back